This is the last week to submit a proposal to present at the 11th annual International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums in Prior Lake, Minnesota from October 8-11, 2018.
What are the Conference Session Types?
- Summits (full or half-day)
- Educational Fieldtrips (full or half-day)
- Pre-Conference Workshops (full or half-day)
- Concurrent Sessions (60 minutes)
- Forums/Listening Sessions (60 minutes)
- Skill Building Labs (60 minutes)
- “Inspire” Talks (30 minutes)
- “Flash Talks” (15 minutes)
- Thursday Topical Roundtable “Conversations" (luncheon activity)
What are the focus areas for 2018?
- Historic Preservation and Repatriation Skills for Tribal Employees
- Oral History Programs for Indigenous Communities
- The role of ALMs in Supporting Native Language Programs
- Digitization Projects for Indigenous Communities
- Fundraising, Grant writing, and Generating Revenue for Indigenous Cultural Institutions
- Community Outreach Programs and Services for Tribal Libraries
- Meeting Community Needs through Tribal Library Collections, Services, and Programs
- Exhibit Planning, Development, and Community Engagement for Indigenous Cultural Institutions
- Archival Best Practices
What does the ATALM program committee consider when selecting programs?
- Content appropriate to audience needs in correlation with conference focus areas
- Usefulness of practical applications
- Presenter’s expertise on the topic
Is financial support available?
While ATALM has a small budget to support the attendance of a few presenters, these funds are reserved for presenters who offer multiple presentations, including pre-conferences and multiple conference sessions, with an emphasis on sessions that provide hands-on experiences. Presenters are responsible for registering for the conference, paying the conference registration fee, and securing and paying for travel and lodging. Session passes are discouraged and must be approved by the Conference Director. Scholarships are available and qualifying presenters receive priority.
How do I submit a proposal? Click here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support of indigenous cultures. We look forward to your continued participation.
Walter Echo-Hawk, ATALM Board Chair
Joe Horse Capture, Conference Chair
Susan Feller, Conference Director
Melissa Brodt, Project Director